Thursday, August 4, 2011

June - Bryce's MTC drop-off

Well, I am going to try and play catch-up with several posts in a row - I have access to a computer for a while, so here we go...

Girl's camp was fun! I enjoyed getting to know some of the girls and leaders from other wards better. It really wasn't too hot, all the cabins and lodges were air conditioned, so the only time we were outside was early morning and walking from one place to another. It was fun being an extra - I was not assigned a specific age group or certification group to work with, I just got to wander around and be another adult on site. I have tons of pictures - however I won't put any up because there are none of me, just random girls and leaders... I was the designated photographer for the 3 wards in our cabin.

I did get some fun craft ideas though, making luminaries out of cans is probably my favorite. Such an easy way to make an event/holiday festive! These are not the ones we made, but similar...


After Girl's Camp it was off to Utah to drop Bryce off at the MTC. It was the first time in 10 years I have been to Colorado/Utah! It is crazy to think how long it has been! Unfortunately I do not have pictures at my disposal right now, BUT I will come back and edit them into this post when I get a chance. It was a great trip!

I was a little worried about being the annoying pregnant woman who makes us stop every 200 miles for a bathroom break, which we just about did - BUT no fault of mine! We had to replace all the tires on the van we were driving at different intervals during the trip. (they were old tires and the long trip was too much for them - it was also an older van, so the correct tires were harder to come by - thus the multiple stops) Built in bathroom breaks! Fantastic for me - maybe not so much for the others in the car who could have driven pretty much the whole way without stopping.

I love the scenery in Colorado and Utah! I have always loved mountains - perhaps because I have never lived near them, or visited them during the winter for that matter. The weather was beautiful the whole time! Nice and cool- especially compared to Texas!

It was fun to visit the Seyfer family in Denver! We had a Luau-style dinner outside one day, and were able to hear Donny sing in his A Capella group. (had to look up that spelling) It was great!

In Utah we spent several days at the Fillmore's house, it was great to get to see some of our Aunts, Uncles and cousins that I haven't seen in a decade! We also spent the night in Holden, UT with Grandma and Grandpa Lyman. It definitely was fun to remember old visits to those places!

While in Utah, Dad, Mom and I each had a birthday! 30, 29 and 23 respectively. ;)

Finally, the crux of the trip was dropping Bryce off at the MTC. We looked for a Dairy Queen in the area, as that was his 'last meal' request, but couldn't find it. We ended up going to a frozen custard place instead. I was fine until we actually got to the MTC and let him out of the car. Then I couldn't help but get choked up! I sure will miss him! We will make sure that our little boy sees lots of pictures of Uncle Bryce - I'll have to make sure when he meets Bryce in two years he will have something cool to say.

I flew back to Houston on July 1st in order to make the Bingham family reunion... which is my next post.

To be continued....
Cheylee

1 comment:

  1. Ah, that's sad that y'all couldn't find a Dairy Queen because there is actually one right next to BYU's track and baseball fields.

    ReplyDelete