I took a few pictures this morning of some that I have finished - or almost finished.
This is the baby blanket that I am using for his crib - at least while he is an infant. I was planning on a construction theme with different tractors and trucks, but I was at JoAnns Fabrics and saw this cute elephant flannel. I am still going to make his room a construction theme, but probably when he is a little older - maybe by the time he hits 1 year old.
Sad as this is to admit, I started this quilt two Christmases ago. I had all the pieces cut out, and 4 squares complete, but finally picked it up and finished the top just this month. You can see that I haven't finished binding it yet... I will have to post a finished picture later. Isn't David a cutie? He is a trooper - our dining room table is always covered in various sewing machines and fabric scraps these-days. We eat on the living room coffee table most of the time. He is a patient man!
Elizabeth uses these "Woombies" for her babies, and they love them! It is a lot like a 'sleep-sack'. Impossible for the kid to get it's arms out of, basically the same thing as a swaddle, but much easier to put on them. I used hers as a pattern for this one. I am making several, this one is for a friend who is having a girl in a week or two. Actually, that is not true. THIS one is my FIRST attempt, but has some things I tweaked for the second one, which I will give to her. I will probably keep this sub-par one for some future daughter of mine.
It is actually pretty easy to make and costs about $5 total... (as compared to $25-$30 to buy one) I was nervous about putting in a zipper, but it was actually really easy (yay youtube!)! The most difficult thing is the darn collar. Such a pain! There must be a trick I don't know yet. Hopefully it gets better as I go!
Finally, our YW presidency is doing a back-to-school theme mutual next week, and we are giving the girls Value themed school supplies - except for the pencil bags which don't match any value color... I had to settle for what I could find cheap.
I have been using the embroidery machine Grandma Hall lent me to put names on all kinds of stuff, bags for girls camp, towels, pettiskirts, my tablecloth... they make fun gifts! These pencil bags came from Dollar Tree... I sure love that machine!
Anyways, I have a few other things I've made that I didn't take pictures of yet, and some that I still need to work on... Only one more official week of summer for me! It is going by fast! Yikes!
Well, that's all for now!
Cheylee

No comments:
Post a Comment