Thursday, August 4, 2011

And the Puppies....

Lots of people have been asking me how our dogs handle the heat during the summer... my answer... pretty much the same as I do. Lucky for them I don't work in the summer, so while David is at school all day, Sugar, Sammy and I hang out at home. This last week has been outrageously hot outside (up to 106!), so from about 9am until 8pm they stay in the house. We try to take them to the track in the evenings and let them off their leashes to get some energy out.
I am pretty sure they could be considered nocturnal during the summer. They both LITERALLY sleep ALL DAY. Sam loves to sleep under the table when I am sewing. A few times he has laid his head on the sewing pedal and scared me to death. Sugar usually sleeps in the kitchen. Their favorite spot though is the bed. They like to sprawl out and use the king size mattress for all it is worth. Gross I know, but we love them and spoil them... we sleep in their left behind fur... they might as well enjoy it while they can. This baby is going to change a lot of things around our house... doggy access to the bed is probably one of them.


Sammy getting a bath... they don't get these as often as they should!



Sugar drying off in the grass... she likes to get finished with a bath and run the the nearest pile of leaves she can find to roll in... we have to be very careful where we leave her or else we have to start all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment