Thursday, August 4, 2011

32 weeks...

Ok, now that I have caught up on posts about what I've done this summer, on to the really good stuff!

I had my 32 week doctor's appointment today. Nothing really new or exciting, he just listened for the heartbeat, BUT 32 weeks is getting up there! Dr Walter is not going to do another ultrasound until 36 weeks, which will be exciting because the baby should be here shortly after!


I have been amazed and a little freaked out by how quickly I have started gaining weight lately. I think that I was spoiled in the first 20 weeks - I barely gained anything! Now every time I get on a scale the number has gone up! I have already gained 26 pounds, and still have 8 weeks to go! - Not that I really mind though, I just want a healthy baby... I will deal with the extra flubber that is coming with him later.

Most of all, I LOVE how I can feel him move all the time! He is one STRONG kid! he likes to brace himself horizontally across my stomach and push on both sides at the same time - almost like he is claustrophobic and wants to make more space. I am not sure what is positioned where, but assuming he is head down like a good boy, he also likes to stick his knee or butt out on my right side. I can feel a big hard lump almost all of the time. It is neat to rub your hand over the shape of it... kind of like a baseball size. Hopefully not his head, otherwise he needs to flip over soon!

I have been thinking lately about how lonely I will be once I have him. I am not uncomfortable yet (people tell me I will be soon) and it is neat to know I am carrying him around with me. I almost have forgotten what it is like to be a single organism... right now I am the whale that ate Jonah. :) I always have a little buddy with me.

Anyways, I feel great! David and I are getting more and more excited every week! It is fun to be towards the end, our lives will never be the same, and we are looking forward to it!

Now we need to figure out a name... yikes!

2 comments:

  1. I remember thinking the same thing--that I would be lonely without having Gemma inside me. But it's actually great because after they're born, they're still with you all the time and you get to see them face-to-face and have them look back at you. I'm so excited for you, Cheylee! You're going to be a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a cute pregnant lady! I'm so excited for you. Thanks for all the posts, pictures, and updates. You are so talented! Can't wait to hear the news of the arrival of your little one!

    ReplyDelete