Thursday, June 20, 2013

40 weeks!

Today I am 40 weeks pregnant! Yay!

Tomorrow we will go to the hospital at 6am to get induced. This sweet baby should be here by early afternoon. I am scared poopless of the delivery, which I guess is normal. I have a deathly fear of needles, which is 99% of my problem. IVs are torture, they keep it in for so long... then there is the epidural, which makes me want to cry just thinking about it... but I am too wimpy to do without...

Bruce's induction was flawless, I am not sure why I have this mental block this time around, but I guess I will just have to survive for a few hours and then it will all be over, right? I have been dilated to 4cm for two weeks now, so it should be fairly quick.

I don't think it has sunk in all the way that we are adding another baby to the family. I suppose it won't until he is here. I have no clue how the last 9 months went by so fast... but then so slow? I think it always kind of sneaks up on you. Once he is here, I am sure it will feel like he has always been part of the family.

Here is to the last hours of being pregnant this time around! I will probably miss it a little, I know I did when I had Bruce.

39 weeks

Just shy of 40 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment