Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'm Blue...

I DID IT!!! I painted our kitchen table BLUE!!! More of a turqouisey robins egg-ish blue to be precise. I have planned on doing this since I found a gorgeous blue printed fabric at JoAnns back in December to re-cover the benches with. Anyhow, the benches got refinished back in February, and I finally buckled down and did the table this week! I found a very helpful blog to give me good pointers here: 

She does some pretty amazing stuff with old furniture if you ever want to get some ideas.

I didn't want to post pictures until I was completely finished with the dining room, but I am too excited about the table! I will just have to do another post when I get the end chairs finished.

So the first picture is the inspiration for this project:


This was the table we bought off of Craigslist. First I stripped the finish off of it.


Then I put 2 coats of oil-based Primer and 2 coats of enamel-based paint.


This is the finished product - kind of... I still need to put a protective layer of wax or polyurethane on the table top, but the paint has to cure for 7 days first... Also I found the vinyl birds/branches online when we moved here.


This is a close up of the fabric. It is covered with a thick plastic to Bruce-Proof the cushion.


 Finally, here is my little blue-boy! He loves popsicles and Daddy loves to share with him!



 P.S. I found this idea on Pinterest (of course) for complementing colors to use in the living room - which is my next project... maybe greens, yellows, oranges/reds... we'll see. I am for sure going to need to find a TV stand with doors that can close off the DVDs and cords, as Bruce is getting more and more mobile every day. A bookshelf would also be useful for our plethora of books. Then a dresser for our room... anyhow, one project at a time! :)


3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Great Job Cheylee! I think the benches look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed at your courage to tackle large art/home decour/sewing/home improvement projects. Your dining room looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing the process and the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeness pure awesomeness! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete