Lately I have been giving Bruce little tastes of whatever we are eating. He is getting a lot better with textures and 'chewing' chunks of food. (smashing it on the roof of his mouth) Tonight I made lasagna, and he LOVED it! It was amazing to see him eat big person food so well! The noodles still give him a hard time, no matter how small I cut/smash them, but the lasagna filling was a big hit. As you can tell from the pictures, there was an equal amount of playing in and eating the lasagna. (Sorry Mom, I know that drives you crazy!) He is so funny to watch, he tries SO HARD to get the food in his mouth, but picks it up and clenches it in his fist & can't get it from his hand to his mouth. We are still working on that pincer skill. Messy, but worth it!
Also, thanks for all of the sleeping advice/encouragement. We have experienced a major miracle around here. The night after my previous post I decided to get this sleep issue sorted out once and for all. That night we moved his crib into his own room, and after making sure he was happy, fed and drowsy put him down for the night. He cried/screamed pretty hard for 10 minutes, I went in to do the re-assuring thing, he cried for 20 more minutes, then he was out. Last night and tonight, not even 5 minutes of crying. He seriously lets out one or two wails, rolls around for a while getting comfy and we don't hear another peep. It is amazing. I am so grateful! He still is waking up every 3 hours, but I really feel like he will get better at sleeping longer stretches over the next few weeks. I am glad to have the baby monitor, it puts me at ease during the night. I am really so SO relieved. Dave and I are in shock at the 180 degree change. One night and he is a pro at falling asleep on his own. Many prayers of thanks coming from the Bingham House, that is for sure!
One more little tidbit of news, I ran a 5k yesterday. I actually did much better than I expected. I couldn't have done anything longer, but I wasn't as dead as I thought I'd be. I ran it in 26 minutes even, which is much faster than I was expecting. I am hoping to run a half marathon in October, I have a looong way to go until I can survive 13 miles though. Baby steps :)

So good to finally catch-up. Your little man is getting so big. He is adorable. Thanks for the updates and pictures!
ReplyDeleteSleep training is SO hard but so worth it--great for the baby in the long run (and the parents!). Way to stick with it! You're an awesome mom, Cheylee!
ReplyDelete