Decisions, decisions. I have a lot to get done this summer! And choices to make. Color scheme? Bedroom theme? Cute baby toys and pictures and onesies to decorate... Crib to paint... sigh. I know, everyone must pity me! WHATEVER!! I am going to be in heaven. The only thing better could be an unlimited budget with which to do my decorating and crafting! I have so many cute ideas I've been filing away for the last 2 1/2 years, now they are rattling around in my head and need to be organized and brought to fruition!
So this will probably be the BEST summer ever. My to-do list is as follows:
1st and 2nd week of June:
Serious cleaning - we are talking spring cleaning and re-arranging x 10. I have been in the mood to rip our house apart, pull all of the furniture out, take everything out of the cabinets and pantry, bleach it, and put it back again. A few people have told me it is "nesting", but I don't think it is. I think we just have 2 big, hairy messy dogs, combined with my lack of deep-cleaning time (because of work) which has led to hairballs in every corner and under all the furniture. It has been a long time coming, and I want it clean. All of it. Hm. I sound a little creepy there...
3rd week of June:
Girls Camp - Monday through Friday outdoor fun! I can't wait! I have always LOVED girls camp, and am excited to go as a leader this year... Matching T-shirts, Crafts, meals cooked for us (I know, they spoil the girls here!) and Air-Conditioned cabins! How fun!
4th Week of June:
Camp recovery and possible trip to Utah... Bryce is headed into the MTC June 29th, and the family is going to take him... I am not 100% sure, but I may go as well... The drive is never my favorite though... we will see. I haven't been to Utah to see extended family in about a decade though, so it would be a good thing! David will have school, however, and can't go.
June 30th - my 23rd Birthday! I am hoping to spend it fat and happy! I can't think of a better way to turn 23 than being 27 weeks pregnant! :)
July - HERE is where it will get busy busy! I am going to need to get the baby room together in these 4 weeks! We have a crib and changing table to paint, frames and pictures to make & hang, curtains, bedding, stuffed animals, toy chest, I need to find a stroller and car seat - all that good stuff! I just don't see time in June to do any of it, and unfortunately I have to go back to work the 2nd week of August, so July it is! I am looking forward to it, too! I want to make as much of our baby's stuff as I can, I love sewing and painting, and I am sure my fantastic mother will help me, too! We will have the most stylish little boy! I am so excited to have him here! If he'd just grow faster!
August: Back to work for about 6 weeks - or until baby comes. Then the real fun begins! I hope he is a miniature David! Curly hair, hazel eyes and big ol' noggin!
Right now I am just waiting for school to get out, so I can devote my full attention to summer. Only just over 1 month left, and I will be a free woman! :) Poor David will be taking 9 credit hours this summer, but HOPEFULLY it will free him up a little in the fall, when his sleep will be seriously downsized. And now, I am headed home for Easter weekend! I hope everyone has a great one!
Later!
Cheylee B
2025 Reading List
8 months ago

I love your enthusiasm! Good luck on all of the fun things this summer. And if you do come to Utah, you have to come and see us, even if it is a quick visit! We miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a line-up! I'm extremely jealous you're going to Girls Camp; I did that two years up there and loved it. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteIf your family needs space when y'all come up to Utah, you can always stay at my apartment in Provo. As of right now, I do not have any roommates this summer.
ReplyDelete