Friday, April 8, 2011

Caution: VENTING….


My kids are driving me CRAZY! Today is the last day of the six weeks, and I have repeatedly warned the kids, posted grades, called them up one by one to show them what they are missing, and I STILL have 5 failing, and failing good – with less than 60s. And who do they get mad at? Me. I gave them that grade.


Today I asked one of my seniors (who has been failing since week one of this six weeks) to talk to me after class. I explained that a 43 average will fail her for the semester - which means she will not graduate in May. She had the gall to look surprised. What did she THINK a 43 average would do? She starts to panic, and asks how late I am staying today – because instead of coming for tutoring or make-up work 5 weeks ago, she waited until the LAST day of the six weeks at 3:00 to decide that she cares about her grade. High School kids are SO self-centered! That is exactly what I like to do on my Fridays and Saturdays, grade late papers and stay at the school until 5:30 pm giving re-tests from over a month ago.

AUGGG! I AM SO FRUSTRATED! I just want to scream.

They are going to kill me before the year ends. This is why I am 22 with gray hair.

Today was a stressful day.

And that is it. I will stop complaining and be optimistic.


Exciting things happening soon:

1. Sugar turned 1 year old on the 6th!

2. Tomorrow we are taking some of our physics kids to Six Flags Arlington – it should be a fun trip, except the 3+ hour bus ride one way. Unfortunately David cannot go with me.

3. We are officially in the 6th six weeks, which means it is almost summer!!! I am so ready!

4. My friend Marilyn is getting married Easter weekend!

5. Emily Bingham is returning from her mission in Costa Rica on the 28th of April

6. Again – only six weeks of school left! I can do it! And since the majority of my kids are seniors, they get out about a week before everyone else, which will whittle my classes down to very few kids.

Also, I should really post a picture of my dogs – I clipped their hair for the summer (it was kind of on a whim) It ended up taking over 8 hours to do them both. Poor, poor Sugar’s hair was so matted, It took me 6+ hours to do her alone, spread out over two Saturdays. It is much shorter than anticipated, as I had to get under the mats. I felt like I was shearing a sheep. I had to use scissors for the majority of her back end, the clippers couldn't cut through her fur. Inevitably, I did one stripe down her side without the clipper guard, which basically shaved her bald. If she was a human child, she would never forgive me. It is quite noticeable. Both dogs look 10 pounds smaller, easy. Speaking of which, We had them weighed at the vet 2 weeks ago, and Sammy is 80 lbs, while Sugar is 70 pounds. Big babies!

That is all for now!

I will post pictures soon!

Cheylee

4 comments:

  1. We talked about venting today and how although it doesn't change the situation, somehow saying it out-loud (or writing it) makes it seem better. Vent and rant away. Six weeks, hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, high school is tough! Especially when working with Seniors...they have that old "Senioritis", sorry it's so stressful! You're almost done though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the hooligans--like you said, only 6 weeks left! You're strong! I can't wait to see your dogs' haircuts! 8 hours--wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the students :( I hope these next 6 weeks go by super fast!
    Happy birthday Sugar :) Post pictures of their haircuts soon!!
    Miss you :) You should have told me you were going to Six Flags! I live about 20 minutes away!

    ReplyDelete