Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fun run!


 This weekend my mom and brothers came to visit! The San Antonio Road Runners Club hosts free fun runs the first Saturday of each month, and it just so happened that I was planning to attempt a 5k this weekend. I started jogging again 3 weeks after having Clark. I started with 1.5 miles and had worked my way to 2.5 miles this week... a 5k is about 3 miles.

They all decided to run with me. The club starts with a 1/2 mile run, 1 mile run, then a 5k. Bryce and Brannon ran all three races. However, they missed some critical directions, and instead of running a half mile, they accidentally did a 2 mile run for the first race. So total they did 6 miles that morning. Not bad for guys that have not been training to run at all. Mom ran the half mile and the One mile. It was her first Fun Run EVER. I am glad we got to be there for it :)

I ran the 5k. I was very pleased to be able to run 3 miles without dying. Bryce ran the 5k with me, and I am so glad, because I would have probably stopped if he hadn't been pacing with me. We ran it in 25:35, so about 8:30 mile pace. Not bad for having had a baby 6 weeks ago. I felt really pleased with my time and running progress.

David, Bruce and Clark cheered us on. Bruce tried to pick up a cactus while waiting for us to finish our 5k... poor kiddo has cactus spines all in his hand, and we had to hold him down and get them out with tweezers when we got home. Hard lesson for a 22 month old to learn.





My goal is a half marathon by the end of the year... I have a looong way to go before I am ready for 13 miles though.

1 comment:

  1. Cheylee, you are amazing!! I'm so impressed you ran a 5K so soon after having a baby, and after not running a whole lot before! I loved the pictures in your other posts of the three men in your life. What a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete