Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lots of changes...

So we have had a lot of changes lately. I will do a brief post to catch up.

I guess the biggest change is that we now live in Bentonville Arkansas! David got a job working for Coca Cola supporting Wal-Mart/Sams Club. Today was his first day of work, and he said it went well, although there wasn't any actual work done, just meeting people, getting access to the system and filling out paperwork for payroll/insurance. His official title is National Category Manager for Sparkling Beverages. (anything carbonated... basically soda) He will work specifically with Sams Club.

Bentonville is beautiful. The weather is soooo nice right now. It is actually cool in the mornings, and doesn't get unbearably hot during the day. We are renting a nice little house with 3 bedrooms and most importantly a BACKYARD!! Bruce loves being able to go outside anytime he wants! As a matter of fact, the past few evenings after dinner Bruce and David have played outside until dusk, and even then Bruce cries when we make him come in for bath and bedtime. Also, there are no fire ants in Arkansas! It is so nice not to worry about him being eaten alive when he goes to play. I can't believe how wonderful it is to have space. This house feels like a mansion... there is even a hallway to get to the bedrooms! Funny how little things like that are such novelties after 5 years of small apartments! We even have a guest bedroom for visitors! It is heavenly.

This Saturday is Bruce's 2nd Birthday! I cannot believe how fast the past year has gone! He is so big and smart!Today we were playing with chalk in the driveway and I drew a hopscotch on the ground. He would hop his way down then turn and say "Mommy turn!" for me to go. He is speaking much better! Tonight as we were putting him to bed I tried to explain to him that his birthday was coming and sang him the birthday song. He started to sing back "happy happy happy!" It was too cute! He has been singing a LOT the past few days. He loves the Honey song from the new Winnie the Pooh movie. He randomly bursts into the Honey chorus throughout the day. I tried to get it on camera today, but anytime I pull it out he stops whatever he is doing and says 'Cheese!'. He has also been singing a chorus of "ooohs" from the Hairspray song 'Welcome to the 60's'. It is really impressive how well he has the tune down.
This was actually about 2 months ago, but found it on my phone and wanted to add it. This was Bruce helping me make Chocolate frosting.

He has gotten really good at saying 'Cheese' for pictures. It makes for CUTE smiles for the camera!
Finally painting the race car Uncle Brannon gave him for Christmas... He wasn't old enough to do it before. He loves to paint though, and every color is 'Blue'. Also, he is ridiculously attached to that toy hammer. He calls it 'Hammy' and has to have it with him every moment of the day and night. He wakes up in the middle of the night looking for his Hammy. We find it buried in his blankets and hand it to him, then he will roll over and go back to sleep. That gift was a winner Grandma & Grandpa Hall!
Helping me make Banana Brownies. They tasted like chocolate banana bread, but oh well. I knew that no fat brownies was too good to be true.
 Clark is also getting big. He is SUCH a happy baby! He smiles so easily! He has gotten nice and squishy. His thighs are big and dimply! He likes to talk, too. He also loves staring at Bruce. He gets lots of kisses and head bumps from Bruce. He is very patient. He did so well during the move, even with all the hours of being neglected while I packed and unpacked. Bruce did too. Clark hardly ever cries. If he gets worked up enough to cry, I know he really has had enough, and it doesn't happen often. At his 2 month checkup he was 13 and 1/2 pounds. His stats were 75% for weight and 80% for length.  His hair is still as crazy as ever. He hasn't lost any or rubbed bald spots yet. He loves to chew on his hands.

Clark at 2 months!

Another of Clark at 2 1/2 months. Such a happy boy!

Waiting for the first Aggie Game of the season to start, this is not posed, they really were both asleep like that.

Clark's Baby Blessing on 9/8/13. Our last Sunday in San Antonio.



Other than moving, I have also been busy with a few projects. One was refinishing our kitchen table yet again. The blue was fun, but a little much. We distressed it and are very pleased with the outcome. David helped a lot, and also watched the boys so I could spend hours working uninterrupted.



I also finished the family birthday board I have been planning to make for months.


My next project is working on refinishing a bookshelf, although I am not 100% sure yet what I want to do, so it may be a while.

That is pretty much the short version of what we have been up to lately... I hope to be a better blogger from now on, but won't make any promises... I am not very good at keeping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment