Lately my blog is just a mass of pictures, but when you have such a cute little boy who becoming less and less little every day, why not?
I have been busy lately. Too busy methinks. Every week for the past 2 months has been jam packed with appointments, showers, YW activities, deadlines, projects and ridiculous numbers of e-mails sent out to coordinate all of the aforementioned events. I. AM. POOPED. I told David I am NOT signing up for any more extra-curriculars until after the holidays. If only.
I have taken to making lists like a mad woman. I have these little yellow mini-legal note-pads that are scattered around the house with lists of things to do or remember. If I don't write down what I have to do as soon as it pops into my head, it is lost within 5 minutes. I seriously need to take some vitamin or supplement or something... wait is it B12 that is supposed to help your memory? I can't remember. Jeez.
Anyhow, I have a list that I started at least a week ago with things to document about Bruce lately.
lets see:
-Loves LOVES loves to eat grapes. All day.
-One of the hardest things about winter will probably be not having watermelon on a regular basis. Bruce loves watermelon!!
-Likes to put things in containers of any sort
-Enjoys taking things OUT of the trash can... the other day I caught him chewing on potato peels that he had fished out of the trash. Gross.
-Picks up objects and 'shares' them with whoever is around him. Especially his dinner. Usually it goes a bite for Bruce, a bite for mommy.
-Tries to use a spoon - occasionally he will actually get a tiny bit of food into his mouth!
-Loves gatoraide
-Has 6 teeth, four on top and two on bottom. He has such a cute, toothy grin right now! His top teeth are only partly grown in, and kinda gappy, so he reminds me of Stitch off of Lilo and Stitch.
-Holds things in his mouth as he walks around the house
-Likes to put rocks and such in his mouth. He will often grab a handful of mulch and shove the whole thing in there.
-A week or so ago he was chasing a BIG beetle around the dressing room at a store we were in, and ALMOST caught it. No doubt it would have gone strait into his mouth if he had.
-He is getting very good at mimicking words as we say them. He also 'sings' with us.
-Very independent, especially when we are at the park. He will take off walking/running down the trail without ever looking to see if I am going to follow him.
-HATES riding in the stroller. It is a problem, as we go to the park to meet friends and walk almost every weekday. He screams until I take him out and carry him. We are still working on finding a solution.
-Sleeps pretty well, sometimes 9 or so hours at a time. Other nights he will still wake up 3 times a night though.
- Learned how to flush the toilet, and does it as often as possible.
- Has taken to biting chunks out of any nurf toys we
had. Now we have none - He has demolished them all.
- He is in 18 month clothes now, although the pants are all too long and I have to roll the hem.
- He sometimes stands in the middle of a room and spins circles while looking at the ceiling.
- Laughs at every little thing, especially when Daddy chases him. He just giggles and giggles!
- Tries to put on his own shoes, or whoever's shoes are around. He knows when we put his shoes on we are going outside, and he will walk to the door and bang on it to let me know he is ready to go.
- Likes to throw EVERYTHING. Which is fine outside, but we are starting to have issues with him throwing his hard toys and the TV Remotes. It is hard to distinguish what is and is not allowed to throw inside and outside the house to a one year old! He is probably so confused. One moment we are praising him for his 'good throw' and the next we are saying 'uh oh, Bruce, we don't throw ___ in the house'. Poor kid.
- he is getting SO GOOD at letting us know what he wants! It boggles my mind everytime he walks to an object out of reach and points to it, or holds his hands out for more food, or jabbers while walking back and forth between me and an object so I can get it for him.
- Oh, and he loves balloons. When we are in HEB, he will point out every balloon he sees and grunt hoping I will pull it down so he can touch it, which I usually do, then we wave 'bye-bye' to the balloon and move on.
- Bruce is so sweet when I put him down for naps. He takes his naps on our bed, I lay down next to him until he falls asleep, usually less than 5 minutes (unless I also fall asleep, which has been known to happen) Bruce will put one hand on my face, or over my shoulder, and likes to have his face as close as possible to mine, sometimes even touching. Normally people breathing on me gives me the heebie jeebies, but Bruce is the exception. Maybe because his baby breath doesn't stink. Maybe because I just love him so darn much when he snuggles. Probably both.
There are probably a million other things I am forgetting, but this is a pretty good list of things I hope not to forget! I cannot believe my sweet boy is 13 months old!! How time flies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment