Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cheylee's Half Marathon

On Saturday I ran an impromptu half marathon. My friend Julie asked me to run the Orange Leaf Half in New Braunfels about 6 weeks prior to the race. Three weeks before the run I was only able to do 5 miles - painfully. I decided I would not run the Half. In the 3 following weeks I ran three miles a handful of times. 2 days before the race Julie came over to visit, and convinced me to run the half.

I was actually surprised by how well I did! I was able to run the first 6.6 miles without stopping, with a 9ish mile pace. I had to alternate walking and jogging throughout the second half. I finished in 2 hours 12 minutes - averages to just over 10 minute miles. Could have been better - could have been worse.

I am really grateful that I ran even though I wasn't ready. It was great motivation to get busy exercising. Dave and I are signed up for a Rebel Race in August - it is 9 miles with random obstacles. I am also planning to run the SA Half in November. 9 minute miles or better is my goal.

Anyhow it was a good experience. I always said I wanted to run a half between each baby - this time I guess I'll get 2 in! :)

Now for a cute nakey boy picture! - Can't believe he is 10 months old this week!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Cheylee! A half, how awesome! Hope you weren't too sore afterwards. And Mr. Bruce is simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete