I know I have been posting a lot lately, BUT we finally have internet, and Bruce is so cute AND I feel like I need to make up for months of not posting.
Today I had a Relief Society meeting from 9:30-noon. It was great! Sister Beck was in Austin, and it was broadcasted to surrounding areas. I wish I could have gone to the first half of the conference Friday night, but alas, Bruce's dinner/bedtime trumps 6-9pm church meetings. He is a boy that needs to stay on schedule as much as possible to keep his even, happy demeanor.
Sister Beck's talk was Awesome. She definitely said some things that hit me. Things I need to change. I needed her talk. She was to the point, and made no excuses. I felt I was being called to repentance, big time.
She talked about prioritizing your day, and gave 4 rules:
1. Roll out of bed and onto your knees. She said it is just as easy to roll onto your knees as it is to your feet. This hit me like a hammer. I was ashamed of myself. How true is that? How lazy am I that i can't even roll onto my knees in the morning to pray?
2. Grab your scriptures. Read something. One verse even. Just do it. You can dedicate more time to reading later in the day if you find it, but you should never go to bed at night without having read something. Oh gosh. this is my WORST. I can go months, a year even without cracking my scriptures except on Sundays. It has never been a daily routine for me. The desire just isn't there. But it is something I want to want to do.
3. Make the bed. It is symbolic. It says Lord, I am up, and even though I want to get back in bed, I won't. I never make the bed. Ever. Unless my mom or in-laws are coming over. Why not? Lazy. BUT she makes a valid point. I would be far less likely to climb back into a made bed.
4. Get dressed. Be ready for the day. EVEN IF YOU ARE SICK. See what I mean about her being stern. No excuses. There is NO reason not to get up and get dressed - doesn't matter if you are staying home all day. It is symbolic, again- Lord, I am ready for the day. Some days I don't ever even put on 'real clothes'. Often I get dressed after Bruce's 2nd nap. Or in the afternoon, and by get dressed I mean, dressed enough to take a walk without being scandalous. t-shirt and bball shorts. It is sad, really.
As I said earlier. I needed this talk. Julie, my friend, message received.
I have found that being a stay at home mom, has far more temptations for me than working ever did. I don't have to get up and stay up. Bruce takes two naps before noon. I can take them with him. I don't have to get up and be presentable. Why put on clothes or brush my hair (or teeth for that matter)? Not to mention my terrible eating habits now-a-days. The fridge is always there, and I am on a terrible sweet kick right now. By afternoon I am out of things to keep myself and Goose busy with, and into the kitchen I go. Not hungry, just passing time by eating. Then there is the internet. Love it and Hate it. Blogs, facebook, pinterest, e-mail... all too tempting when I am bored. I can waste hours and hours perusing pictures and posts of people I don't even know. Thank goodness we don't have TV channels (in English, that is).
Anyhow, I feel like I can make a real difference in my life just by doing these four things. Julie Beck said her mom always told her, "learn to manage one room and one life now, and you can manage several rooms and several lives later." Profound insight for me.
Now that I am off that tangent, on to the intended subject of this post:
Bruce woke up at 8 this morning and went to church with me at 9, slept about 15 minutes during the broadcast and maybe 15 minutes on the way home, and a short time in H
EB, then NOT A WINK until 5:30pm. He was so tired he was a little loopy. (if you can describe a 5 month old as loopy...) I tried everything. I could see that he was tired, I'd almost get him there, then BAM - 2nd wind kicked in and he was up again. Anyhow, By 5:45 I gave up. He eats at 6:30, then bath & bed potential nap time was up. SO (all this background to get to this point) we went on a family walk. I bundled Bruce up, jacket over a sleeper, socks on hands and feet, beanie and blanket (Dave thinks it was overkill, but it was cold and windy) and strapped him onto David. Not 5 minutes into the walk he fell asleep. DEEP asleep. David bounced him, I tickled him, we called his name - nothing. He was OUT. We came back to the house, unstrapped him, took off all the layers, and laid him in bed without him noticing. It was too funny. I grabbed the camera because I thought it was cute. Here is sleepy baby...
EB, then NOT A WINK until 5:30pm. He was so tired he was a little loopy. (if you can describe a 5 month old as loopy...) I tried everything. I could see that he was tired, I'd almost get him there, then BAM - 2nd wind kicked in and he was up again. Anyhow, By 5:45 I gave up. He eats at 6:30, then bath & bed potential nap time was up. SO (all this background to get to this point) we went on a family walk. I bundled Bruce up, jacket over a sleeper, socks on hands and feet, beanie and blanket (Dave thinks it was overkill, but it was cold and windy) and strapped him onto David. Not 5 minutes into the walk he fell asleep. DEEP asleep. David bounced him, I tickled him, we called his name - nothing. He was OUT. We came back to the house, unstrapped him, took off all the layers, and laid him in bed without him noticing. It was too funny. I grabbed the camera because I thought it was cute. Here is sleepy baby...Anyways, off to bed.
sorry for the long winded post...
cheylee

No comments:
Post a Comment