I know I shouldn't let Bruce sleep in our bed. I know I get better rest when he is not in our bed. I know I am getting him into a bad habit that will be hard to break, BUT he loves to sleep with us. I understand where he is coming from. I do not like sleeping by myself. I almost always shared a bed with my sister growing up. He usually starts out in his basket, but still wakes several times at night to eat. When I put him in bed with us he sleeps longer, is easier to get back to sleep when he does wake up during the night, and with the move it was easier than dealing with a basket/pack and play/crib.
Most of all, I love having his tiny, warm, sweet baby smelling self next to me. I can hear him breathe, I can check to see if he is warm enough just by touching him and best of all, I wake up to this little face. I love this child. Yesterday when he woke up for good (8ish) he was so calm and happy. The light in the room was so bright and clear that I grabbed my camera and took pictures of my sweet boy. Hope you enjoy!


How cute, thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteGo ahead and enjoy it and love it now, because it will come back and bite you in the butt later!! But if you don't do it every night and do put him in his crib for most of the time, it shouldn't be too bad.
Here's something to think about: That was how your mom felt about you! Now that's wild to imagine . . .
I wanted to cosleep with Derek once or twice, but he kicked from day one! Plus I worried about rolling on him. I put our crib down to the lowest level and bumped it right up against the bed. That way, he was right next to me but in his own space. That really helped me, especially since I didn't have to get up to get the baby, I just had to roll over. I had to slide to the end of the bed to get up in the morning, but that was the only inconvenience. Good luck! Bruce is such a handsome little guy!
ReplyDelete