Friday, October 14, 2011

Life - with Bruce!


Well, where to start... because we don't have internet at home, I feel like I always have so much to catch up on!

First off, my sweet, sweet boy is 3 1/2 weeks old! HOW did that happen?! I feel like I have been in a time warp the past weeks. It is so hard for me to believe that just 3 days before I had Bruce I was teaching high school... I feel like it was years ago!

Bruce is more and more alert every day! He has already changed so much! I forget that he is so little until other people mention it, because to ME he has already grown so much! He stays awake for an hour or more at a time now, which I love! (I am sure at some point I will want him to SLEEP, but right now, awake is fun!)

At his 2 week check up he weighed 6 pounds 5 oz, and was in the 4th percentile for weight, and 47th percentile for length. Long and thin! Looking at his parents, it won't be that way for long! We've always said if he gets David's upper body and the Lyman lower body he will be a BIG boy! Pretty much a rectangle. :)

I love love love being a mom! Right now I am basically a feeding post. He usually nurses every 2 hours during the day and sometimes 3 at night. Except this week, he has been doing lots of 'cluster feeding'... for about half the day he wants to eat EVERY HOUR! It is crazy... it takes 30 or more minutes to finish a feeding, and less than 30 minutes later he wants to eat again. I am guessing it is a growth spurt. He did much better yesterday at getting back to a semi-predictable schedule, but then he didn't go to sleep until after 2am... anyways, I can't complain, he is an angel baby in every way! so calm and hardly ever fussy! It is all worth it!

Tomorrow will be our first day back to church. I am nervous, it will be the longest that we are out of the house (with the exception of grandma and grandpa's houses, but those don't really count as an 'outing')

Anyways, my time with internet is about up, hopefully I can post again before too long!





3 days old



Celebrating Daddy's birthday! Bruce is 6 days old! Dave says he is the best present ever! I have to agree!


1 1/2 weeks

3 weeks old

1 comment:

  1. He is adorable! I really like the first picture where his forehead is all scrunched. How fun to be a mom!

    ReplyDelete