Well, we have had a pretty eventful summer.
Firstly, since I was going to coach for Bryan ISD, I had to spend the first week of summer doing bus driver certification, a 20 hour course in Caldwell, TX. I still have to take 5 exams for my CDL if I decide to go ahead and get Bus driver certified.
Secondly, my fabric came in. FINALLY. It was about two weeks late getting to me. I have not gotten very far on sewing the skirts. I only have 6 made... one of each size. They are really cute, and I am sure they will be a hit... whenever I get the time to sew them. I need to set up a website and get some better pictures taken, but that may not happen this summer. I am thinking the whole project may need to be put off until next year, just because of lack of time... But it is a long-term investment, right?



3rd, On June 29th, I received a call from College Station High School offering me a job as a Physics teacher. (I applied in APRIL and never heard back, so I had figured it was out of the picture) After thinking about it for a few hours, I decided to accept the position. I will be teaching a Remedial Physics course to Juniors and Seniors. I am sure it will be a great change. Older kids, new school and my own classroom... This is my chance to figure out how I like to teach & manage my classes. Co-teaching was great for the first year and a half, but it's time that I got out on my own.
Anyways, I got the unexpected birthday gift of resigning from Bryan ISD on June 30th! Happy 22nd Birthday to me! It was a good suprise!
We also went to see the musical "Wicked" for my birthday. It was my first Broadway musical, and it was fantastic! I just wish I could have seen all of the costumes in detail!
4th, This past weekend David and I attended our FIRST concert! My fantastic Aunt Tammy called us Friday night to say that she had 2 extra tickets to the Michael Buble concert in San Antonio Saturday! We had a blast, and went to the Alamo and riverwalk while we were in SA.
And most recently - This morning David checked his e-mail and found out that he got a TA-ship at A&M this semester! We were not expecting it, and it is a HUGE blessing! Since there are no grants for graduate programs, we were bracing ourselves for loans, but this will keep us from having to do take any loans for this semester! WHAT A BLESSING!!! We are so grateful and humbled that the Lord has poured this great blessing on us!
Life is great! We are moving out to Snook this Saturday. Sugar will LOVE having a yard to play in anytime she feels like it! We are considering another puppy to keep her company while I am at work and David is at school.... I am hesitant though. The odds that she'll be an inside/outside dog are slim at that point. Two dogs in the house is just too many... we'll see though.
We will post pictures as soon as we get settled.
bye for now!
cheylee b.

oh my goodness cheylee, the aggie pettiskirts are AWESOME!!!! and I'm so happy for ya'll about the job change and grants! thats amazing news. Miss and love you guys. Happy Moving!
ReplyDeleteWow! Sounds like you guys have been super busy! :) But having fun! Lots of big changes for y'all too! Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job and everything else!
ReplyDeleteCheylee, you're amazing! The skirts are fabulous, hooray for a new job, yay for Dave getting the TA position, and good luck with the move! Thanks so much for the pictures and updates!
ReplyDelete