Well, I’ve made it! After two weeks of sleeping with the lights on and dealing with an almost completely new group of “spirited” kids at work, May 29th has come! The house is almost completely clean and packed, and I am planning on taking off to Elkhart by 2:30! I’ll be off to DC and my handsome boy Sunday!
I have been keeping busy fixing odds and ends around the apartment. I am proud to say that I am becoming rather handy… maybe one day I’ll be a versatile as my mom! It is amazing how Dave and I are coming up on a year in that apartment, but it took a combination of two weeks of not having my boy around to distract me and the looming thought of having someone else stay in our place for the summer in order to motivate me to do all the things I’ve needed to around the place!
My list of to-do’s is finished! Something I am not sure has ever happened before! Just to share some of my latest projects,
- Touched up the paint on our dresser
- Drilled new holes for dresser handles and filled the old ones with caulk
- Fixed the broken toilet seat (which turned out to be REALLY easy)
- Covered all the little rusty chips on our fridge front with “rust-oleum” appliance touch up, which works WONDERS! I highly recommend it!
- Painted the baseboards and guest closet
- Cleaned and re-painted the A/C intake and vents downstairs
- Caulked around the kitchen sink and bathroom sink
- Painted the bathroom cabinet white… (it used to be brown… I just feel like bathrooms need to be clean colors – if someone’s bathroom is clean, you can usually assume the rest of the house is too)
- Pried the agitator cap off the washer and subsequently “fixed” the problem… although I didn’t tamper with it much… not sure why it works now –maybe a few of my deftly placed kicks might have something to do with it. We’ll probably need a repairman soon, but it is working for the time being
AND
- Condensed all the stuff in our four closets down to two – quite a feat, believe me!
Now I am ready to take off! I’ve been looking for jobs up in DC… I was offered a position as a Science Summer Camp Teacher, which sounded PERFECT! It was working with 3rd and 4th graders teaching about animals. Each week they will learn about a different group. However, the hours were 11am – 7pm, but taking into account the hour commute and Dave’s work hours I had to decline. Hopefully something else will come up.
Amongst the other good news, Ryan and Heather are engaged! They will be married in August. We are really excited to have another married couple on the Lyman side!
Trissa is graduating High School tonight. Next year there will be 5 of the Lyman kids in College Station! YAY!
Well, that’s all for now! Hope everyone has a great summer!
-cheylee
2025 Reading List
6 months ago

Science Camp teacher? That sounds awesome! I'm so glad you've got a lot done and are finally about be back with Dave! We are going to miss you this summer. Keep us updated.
ReplyDeleteWow, I didn't realize how busy you were those two weeks! You're amazing. Hope your sister's graduation went well and that you have a safe drive to D.C.!
ReplyDelete