Monday, May 11, 2009

Countdown to our DC Adventure

This was at the Ward Talent show... The CSU ward Bishopric sang the Three Amigos song

Time to play catch-up! I am a bad blogger... I love reading other people's blogs but never take the time to update ours!

Well, Dave has an internship in DC for the summer. He leaves out of Houston this Saturday and I will follow him up June 1st in the car. We are both looking forward to our "adventure"! We are excited to stay with a young LDS family in Virginia. Dave’s aunt Nancy and her family live just a few blocks away from where we will be staying. David will be working with the USDA comparing companies’ bids for the school lunch program.

I am contemplating finding a part time job in Virginia but haven’t decided if I just want to be a bum for the summer instead. It’s a tempting option. Dave’s cousin has offered to tour the city and museums with m
e. I am sure I’ll be glad to have a buddy!

We have been slowly collecting a new wardrobe for Dave’s internship. Luckily his brother-in-law, Ted, is very knowledgeable in appropriate business attire and was willing to spend hours helping Dave pick new work shoes and suits a few weeks ago. I am terrible at that sort of thing. I think almost all ties look the same and always pick ones my brothers insist are terrible.

I also put the clippers to work on his head. His beautiful curls are all gone. We opted to go for a shorter missionary-style haircut instead. He looks really sharp… I married such a handsome man!

Work is going well! I feel like I have learned a TON about teaching and PATIENCE this semester. My kids like to try my patience just about every hour of the day. I am glad for the opportunity to teach at Bryan. It really has opened my eyes to the upside and downside of large public schools. It is such a different experience bei
ng on the teacher’s end. I will be returning to teach next year in the same subject area (IPC co-teach).

I feel like my job is really going to enhance my awareness as a mother one day. I either forgot what high school was like or else it has changed dramatically since I was a student because I am often in shock and awe at the behavior of my kids (I'll have to tell the story of the floor tiles later). I feel more and more the importance of raising my family in the gospel as I see the influence Satan has at such a young age! I am so grateful for our parents for raising us in the church.

On a lighter note, I have a great cartoon I’ve been using in my class to ‘demonstrate’ the Law of Conservation of Mass… If you have a science background you may find this funny…

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the update. I love the photo and the cartoon is grand!

    ReplyDelete