I am so far behind on this blog it isn't even funny. My littles are growing way way WAY too fast, and I have been so bad at documenting any of it. It makes me so sad :(
Here is a quick update on my loves:
Clark:
At his 5 month check up his stats were Height:26.5in Weight:18lb 9oz
Loves to smile and laugh. He has the most BEAUTIFUL smile. His whole face just lights up with a giant, toothless, open mouth smile whenever anyone looks at him, especially mommy, daddy or Bruce. If you make eye contact he gets so excited he is almost beside himself. It is truly one of the dearest things in the whole wide world. He just radiates goodness.
He is so calm, loving and accepting. He has no fear of any person. One day last week he was tired and hungry, we had been at Walmart past even the most patient baby's breaking point and Clark was crying as we were standing in line to check out. I had taken him out of the carseat and was holding him up until the point when I needed to unload the cart onto the conveyor belt. When I put him back into the seat he was beside himself. One sweet older lady who had just checked out in another line asked me if she could hold him while I checked out. (I generally don't like accepting help from others,especially if it involves strangers handling my children, but I have been making a point lately of trying to allow people to serve me more, even when it is outside my comfort zone- plus I could tell she was a very nice lady) She was definitely a grandmother, she had the soothing gibberish down pat. Within a minute Clark was happy as can be, smiling SO BIG at her and snuggling his head into her shoulders, giving her lots of love. It made my heart so happy to see what a sweet boy he is, even to those he doesn't know. She was beaming, and I could tell that holding Clark brought her so much joy. It made me doubly glad for allowing her to help me.
Clark loves food. He has not tried a baby food he hasn't devoured. As a matter of fact, he likes baby food almost too much. He has stopped himself up pretty good. I have been feeding him nothing but baby prunes the past two days to try and move things along ;) Some of the new things he has tasted lately: Pizza crust, Ice cream (daddy's doing) pomegranate seeds (loves them!) graham crackers (he still doesn't swallow them, but will suck on it and spit it out) and enjoys gnawing on apple slices. Plus who-knows-what that Bruce has fed him when I am not looking.
Speaking of which, he is absolutely smitten with Bruce. He watches Bruce's every move. He loves to grab Bruce's head with both hands and pull him close to give big, slobbery kisses. One of his favorite things is when Bruce will lay down next to him and try to pull Clark on top of him (usually a little roughly, but Clark doesn't mind) Clark likes to be in the same room as Bruce at all times. He thinks his big brother is the funniest person on earth, and will laugh at Bruce when he jumps or spins or falls down... or eats dinner... pretty much anytime Bruce is giving him attention.
Clark also LOVES his daddy. If he hears David enter the room or speak he will crane his neck around to find him. If David is singing in another room Clark will stop whatever he is doing and STARE in the direction of daddy's voice. He will not be redirected either. He and David don't often get a lot of one-on-one time, so occasionally David will just hold him for hours as he sleeps at night... especially on evenings when I am at church meetings. Daddy cherishes that time with Clark.
Clark is almost at the point where he can sit up on his own. He does well for a little while, but will topple forward or back after half a minute or so. He loves to hold his feet. He finds his toes fascinating. If he can see his toes he will stare at them and pull them as close to his face as possible, then stay that way indefinitely.
He still wakes every two or so hours at night to nurse. Mostly because he is too distracted to nurse during the day. It does get a little exhausting, but Bruce was the same way and I know that it will pass eventually. Plus I have been conditioned to run remarkably well on very little sleep. One thing we are doing a little differently is trying to have Clark at least start out the night in his crib. By the time I have gotten up twice to feed him though he ends up sleeping in our bed for the rest of the night, but at least he will go to sleep in the crib.
Clark is starting to get interested in toys, and will lean all the way over the side of his Bumbo to pick up anything close enough to reach. He will pull objects in front of his nose and purse his lips like a monkey with just the tip of his tongue sticking out while he studies it with crossed eyes. It is adorable. He likes to talk. He will often strike up his own little cooing conversation in the car.
He is pudgy and round and squishy and beautiful. He is my wonderful "little bittles" -a nickname I am sure he will hate when he gets older. I wish I could just freeze time and keep him small forever
2025 Reading List
8 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment