I spent some time tonight on the phone with my mom getting Bryce's college application in to Texas A&M (he gets off his mission in 4 short months, which is another evidence of how quickly time has passed - when he left I was still pregnant with Bruce!) Anyhow, it made me think back to when I was filling out my OWN application to TAMU back in 2006. Holy Hannah! Almost 8 years ago!
It is incredible to me that as a High School Senior I had no intention of being engaged in 2 short years, married 6 months later, and suddenly becoming an adult, along with all that entails - job, bills, building a relationship, compromising, ect.
We had Stake Conference today, and a couple of the talks lent heavily towards family, specifically spouses and how to treat them with love and respect. I realize more and more how much my love for David grows the longer we are married. It is amazing to think back to just meeting him, and how through time we became friends, then dated a little, then thought we loved each other enough to get married, and THEN (in my opinion, although some may argue against this point-) really learned to love each other as we built a life together. I think every year we are married I learn to love a little more as I see David in a new stage of life. For example, when he went into Graduate School, I learned to appreciate and love his dedication to his degree. When we had Bruce I learned to love and appreciate him as a father. When he started working full-time, I learned to appreciate and love him as a provider... ect.
Maybe I am not making sense. It is getting late, and my ramblings often stop being coherent after 10pm...
Anyhow, here is a collection of pictures that I thought were fun to look back through and remember the past few years.
![]() |
| October 2007 - Not yet dating, but thinking about it - as evidenced by GROUP pictures with each other, but no 'couple' picture... that would be implying I liked him too much... ;) |
![]() |
| November 2007 - Newly dating - apparently now acceptable to take a picture together - I didn't know he was the last guy I'd ever spend the holidays with :) |
![]() |
| August 9, 2008 - MARRIED! I am forever grateful that I made the not-so-easy choice to get married. I was scared out of my wits - but it was the BEST decision I have or will ever make in my life. |
![]() |
| September 2011 - Bruce came into our lives! What a blessing and joy he has been! |
![]() |
| December 2012 - Have one year of parenting under our belt and pregnant with Baby Boy #2! So blessed! |
And now the pregnant, nostalgic, hormonal Cheylee will sign off. Good night!








You're awesome, Cheylee! I'm so glad you & Dave found each other so we could be sisters! :)
ReplyDeleteAmazing where we end up and how life takes us there. Never apologize for wandering down memory lane and taking us with you. Thanks for the pictures and memories. Looking forward to the arrival of your new little one!
ReplyDelete