Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sugar and spice...

We have a cute new member of our family! I have wanted a dog since forever, and we finally decided since we are moving to a house with a yard in August, we could get a puppy.

I spent several days on the computer looking for free puppies, and made a couple of trips to the local pound, and finally found her in Grapeland, TX... right outside where my parents live! Sugar is a Great Pyranees, and is just over 6 weeks old. She is very sweet and mellow!

The lady we bought her from had an accidental litter... she is not a breeder, and since we don't want to breed Sugar either, we did not get papers on her, but both parents are full Pyranees. She will be a gorgeous dog!


This was her coat when we first got her... she seemed pretty hot & miserable, so we decided to try clipping her fur for the summer. Some people say it is a good idea, and others say it is bad to do. We decided to try it and see how it went this first time. She seems more comfortable now than before...









David used to say that the only dog he could get really attached to is a Cocker Spaniel, because he grew up with one, but I assure you he spoils her rotten! He spends more time with her than I do right now, but that will change after tomorrow! (My last day of work for the summer! YAY!)


You can see her tan markings on her head in this picture... They really show up in the sunlight.



She looks like a little polar bear sometimes! I am hoping we can train her really well this summer so we can have a good-mannered dog for years to come! Won't she be adorable on Christmas cards?!

It is nice to have something cute and little to take care of!

1 comment:

  1. She is precious!! I have wanted to get a dog forever but living in gov't housing I can't have any pets. I'll have to make sure I come visit next time I'm in College Station. Have so much fun with your little one!

    ReplyDelete