Friday, April 23, 2010

The latest...

Well, I am officially an entrepreneur. I have wiped our savings account clean in order to buy 1,500 yards of fabric. Ouch!

Is this a wise decision? I sure hope so! We talked about it and thought about it and prayed about it, and I finally took the plunge on Monday. I have made lists and lists and punched numbers a million times to make sure I could pull this off. It will be a very BUSY summer! My hobby might soon become torture, but I am excited at the moment!



Now, to unveil my upcoming venture - don't judge too harshly... I haven't chosen a color scheme, and need to work on the skirt sketch a little - that being said, here it is... Da da dum!




That’s right! Pettiskirts! I just spent my life’s savings on pettiskirts. Don’t laugh at me… I told ya’ll it was an addiction!!



My sister and good friend are going to sew with me, and hopefully between the three of us we can get a plethora of pettiskirts made by the end of summer….



David has been so great about this. I really have a jewel of a husband. I don’t know many men would be as supportive in such a frivolous adventure!


So it is official. No turning back now.

I appreciate any and all prayers for it to be a success!


Now to get as much ready as possible before the maroon fabric comes in the beginning of June.


Yay for summer!

4 comments:

  1. WHEW WHEW! I can just hear that sewing machine now! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "All things Ruffled" by the way! too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You CAN do it! GO CHEYLEE! I can attest to your talent...Anne's pettiskirt is beautiful. If you need pictures for marketing, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for being bold and daring and taking risks!! I know it will all work out well. When can I place my order for a skirt?!

    ReplyDelete