
David and I have somehow unwittingly offended the pinky-toe fairy. The last two days have brought uncannily repetitive pinky toe injuries to the both of us!!
Last night I came into the house carrying groceries and made my way into the kitchen without turning on a light. My right pinky toe slammed strait into the wrought-iron decorative firewood holder somebody (me) thought would be cute in our living room. It hurt bad enough to have me lying on the floor in tears.
When David finally got me off the floor and up the stairs to go to bed, HE jammed his little toe on the edge of the bed. I will admit - he did much better than I. No tears.
This morning I came down the stairs in a carefree mood and upon reaching the landing, managed to step directly on David’s running watch lying on the ground. Normally not a big deal, except I managed to slice the soft tissue between my 4th toe and pinky toe with that sharp little buckle piece that latches the watch. For the second time in less than 9 hours David answered my howls of pain, finding me on the living room floor holding my left foot and wondering if my pinky toe was still attached.
When I got home from church today I cooked a homemade pizza for poor David who spent last night puking his guts out. Alas, the poor boy went to sit at the table and used his right pinky toe as a battering ram on the kitchen bench. A shout of something to the effect of “why is it always that same toe?!” and incoherent mumbling followed, at which point I decided I MUST share our plight with the world.
I don’t know what we’ve done to deserve this, but I hope we have paid our dues, and can live in peace again.

Oh my! You gotta exercise them anti-toe demons out of your apartment! Hopefully this will become one of those experiences you laugh about later.
ReplyDelete