Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!!



Look! A post 2 months in a row!! AMAZING!


Life is going great for us, we are just busy kids. David is back in classes and is coming up on his first round of exams. He may be going to Denver, CO in November with one of his professors to a Economics Convention. Sounds terribly exciting, I know. Just kidding! It will be a great opportunity for him to mingle with several major companies and Economists that may help land him a job next year, which would be great! The downside - I will be alone for a week again. It also happens to fall on Halloween, too. No cute couple costumes for us this year. :( I had such high ambitions, too. David has been thinking about going straight into grad school for a Masters in Economics lately. He has been talking to his professors about the program at A&M. He is also still deciding on whether to go work for a while and get an MBA. I am back at work.


My kids have been really great for me so far this year. I really am enjoying my job! It is perfect for my personality, even though some days I get a little stressed. They are a little antsy this week. We took a faux TAKS test today, so I had the same kids in my room from 8:30-3:45 with a 30 minute break for lunch. They were not so happy about having to take 2 very long tests in a row. Not to mention 3/4 of them are dyslexic and/or have ADD. By the time 1:00 rolled around they were driving each other A
ND me insane. At any given time three of them wanted to sit right next to me/ look over my shoulder and see what I was doing (mostly doodling or reading National Geographics that happened to be in the room) and I couldn't interest them in getting their own magazines or crayons. I was never so glad to hear the bell at the end of the day. I have found that when I have time to burn with a group of high school kids, the best thing to do is put on the cooking channel. It has a calming effect on them. They will actually 'shush' each other to hear what the cook is saying. I love it. Two more days of testing... tomorrow I am taking games and candy to bribe them with. I went without either today... a Rookie mistake that I will not duplicate.


We have had a busy month. Labor day weekend was the Bingham family reunion in Katy with all of Davids brothers and sisters and their families. It was a blast! We love seeing our nieces and nephews, and there were 3 babies this year, so plenty of cuddling to go around. Max, Spencer and Anya just keep getting cuter! We are so glad to have more of Davids siblings moving to Texas! We will head back to Katy this weekend for Emily's mission farewell. She is of
f to Costa Rica in a few weeks! We are so happy and excited for her!


We went to Bryce's football game last Friday in Madisonville. I hate football on TV, but love high school games, especially when my brothers are playing! He won, and it rained the whole game, which makes the experience that much better! It was great to see my parents. I have such a great family! I am so proud to be a Lyman. My parents are stellar. Mom will graduate from her Respiratory Therapy program in December. She is amazing. Dad is such a good-humored man. He definitely passed his good looks on to my brothers. The men in my family are all studs.




We are also glad to live just down the street from Heather and Ryan! We love having family closer to our place, although they might get tired of us living a 2 minute walk away... Their wedding in August was beautiful!



We are love College Station! Such a great group of people here! I got called as Break the Fast Coordinator, a calling I love. I was actually thinking over the summer that I might like to be a Caterer when I grow up. We have a great ward. We are so blessed.


Well, thats all for now... I will have more to write later. I am up past my bedtime, so goodnight all!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for updates! That pic of you and Dave is totally awesome. Glad to hear you've got a good group of kids this year and that Dave is working on his networking!

    ReplyDelete